I know I read something on another post about this yesterdy. I think it was a similar swap.
I ahve searched and searched, and looked at bunches of post with out much luck, perhaps I am immagining this.
I did find this post, but not sure if it's the one I am thinking of or not.

ScottG
New Member
Stovebolter # 8282

posted 07-28-2005 01:45 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ramblin, I discovered that the king Pins in your truck are the same used all the way to 1980. My front brakes/backing plates/Spindles are from a 1980 Chev C50 with the 5000# front axles. Works great and drums, shoes, and hardware are all readily available for the C50


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-