You have to check on some that you find...in some the needle was aluminum and those wear out pretty fast. They wear little rings around where they hit the seat and then they don't work well. A magnet is a good way to check.

Below are two I made last year. One is a .081 orifice, staked, spring loaded with no standpipe. The other is a .076 orifice, staked, spring loaded onto which I added the elevated standpipe (essentially a copy of a needle & seat I removed from an NOS 3211S) the only difference being the Viton tip. Honestly I've not found the Viton tipped needles to work as well as the old steel ones...even if you stake them, polish the seats, whatever. I know everyone's gone to that now, and they're okay but the original seems to work better.
Attachments
MVC-079F.JPG (26.76 KB, 101 downloads)


~ Jon
1952 1/2 ton with 1959 235 | T5 with 3.07 rear end