I have a reprint of the 1937 shop manual but couldn't find the torque specs for the rocker arm bolts.

Last Dec. after following the procedures for bringing an engine back to life, I started it and ran it for about 10 seconds, it sounded ok. It had not been run since being driven into a barn in 2010 after many years of farm use.

Since Dec. I have pulled the oil pan and cleaned out an inch and a half of semi hardened sludge from the sump, cleaned out the plumbing in the bottom of the pan with parts cleaner, then ran hot water through the plumbing, everything seemed to be spraying at the same angle, then I blew air through it to get all the water out. Cleaned the oil pump and the screen and put the pan back on.
Now I'm cleaning the rocker assembly and the top of the head, everything is coated with a layer of crud the consistency of thick gritty grease. I discovered that one pushrod, the one on the far end on cyl 6 pulls right out, the rest are held in place by their retainers. Next step is to pull the side cover and clean everything and see what is going on with that pushrod. In hindsight I think I should have started the cleaning at the top end and worked my way down.

It has been a long time since I've worked on an engine. Besides keeping track of each part and where it goes for reassembly are there any pointers I should be aware of? I have confidence I can do this with Stovebolters looking over my shoulder.