Spanky and Steve: Thanks for the quick reply,and the information. I have a friend helping me with the body work, and we are almost finished with that. It has been done right with all rusted metal replaced: New floor, new cab corners, new rockers, new metal in the doors, New glass, etc. Somewhere along the line the motor has been replaced with a later model 235. I have that out to be rebuilt now, but am having some problems. According to the mechanic, the crankshaft had too much end play. It appeared to be the wrong shaft for the block. He had another motor on hand and he took the crank from that one, had it turned and put it in, only to find that the fly wheel would not fit on that crank. Seems odd to me, but I'm not very well informed about these things. So, I thought if we can't get this to work, maybe I would go with a newer more powerful motor. When were the 302 GMC and the 270 GMC built. I wonder if they are new enough that someone like Jasper Motors would have a crate motor? They do not have the 235.