I saw a thread elsewhere where a 1960-66 C10 steering wheel that was “shrunk”. The work was more than I would want to put into a project, but the result looked nice. The diameter of the wheel was made smaller by cutting the spokes shorter and then re-welding them to the hub. Sections were removed from the outer ring and then the pieces that remained were placed in a jig to align them so they could be welded together again into a smaller ring. Most of the original wheel outer plastic (or whatever polymer it is) was retained but the gaps where the welding occurred were filled with an epoxy much like JB weld and shaped to resemble the original wheel material. All done and painted it looked nice but not what my time is worth. Just saying.
A smaller diameter aftermarket wheel is worth the money IMO. I will say that the aftermarket wheels do a poor job at helping the average Joe figure out how to make the horn work again when installing a new steering wheel. That’s been my stalling point when I think about installing the new wheel I still have in the. I’d on the shelf.
Last edited by Lugnutz; 01/16/2022 11:16 PM.