Click on image for the lowdown.
====
0 members (),
149
guests, and
2
robots. Key: Admin ,
Global Mod ,
Mod
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,619
Members48,450
Most Online14,466Apr 26th, 2026
AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for
over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks!
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 44
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 44
I removed my intake and exhaust manifold to clean and evaluate and there is a big crack in the exhaust manifold, see pics below. I assume I need to replace it but figured I'd ask if it's repairable, or if it is, whether that's even a good idea. The crack wraps around most of the manifold although I cannot flex it by hand (I didn't try to snap it in case it can still be welded). If I replace it, should I look for another old part or is there something new I can bolt in its place? The intake looks OK.
Attachments
Entire Thread
cracked exhaust manifold, repairable or replace?
HenrytheWound 12/23/2021 3:26 AM
Re: cracked exhaust manifold, repairable or replace?
Wrenchbender Ret. 12/23/2021 3:50 AM
Re: cracked exhaust manifold, repairable or replace?
Hotrod Lincoln 12/23/2021 4:17 AM
Re: cracked exhaust manifold, repairable or replace?
HenrytheWound 12/23/2021 3:24 PM
Re: cracked exhaust manifold, repairable or replace?
KEVINSKI 12/23/2021 3:46 PM
Re: cracked exhaust manifold, repairable or replace?
HenrytheWound 12/23/2021 5:11 PM
Re: cracked exhaust manifold, repairable or replace?
fixite7 12/23/2021 10:00 PM
Re: cracked exhaust manifold, repairable or replace?
Rusty Heaps 12/23/2021 11:30 PM
Re: cracked exhaust manifold, repairable or replace?
Wrenchbender Ret. 12/24/2021 3:34 AM
Re: cracked exhaust manifold, repairable or replace?
truckernix 12/26/2021 12:10 PM
Re: cracked exhaust manifold, repairable or replace?
sack 12/26/2021 2:56 PM
Re: cracked exhaust manifold, repairable or replace?
Southerntruck 01/02/2022 8:10 PM
Re: cracked exhaust manifold, repairable or replace?
Justhorsenround 01/02/2022 8:51 PM