G'day,
I am a newbie on this forum, and new to GM trucks. Allow me to introduce my self, my name is Sel, and I live in Sydney, Australia. I just pulled apart for restoration a 1948 ? Chevrolet Loadmaster. I am not really sure what I have so here are a few bits of information from the ID tags, so any info on identifying the truck would be greatly appreciated.
First tag: GM Holden's LTD, Chassis number (Blank), GVM (9000 pounds).
Second tag: GM Holden's LTD, Style (48-5211B),Body number (1652),Trim (122),Paint (3), Top (Blank), ACC (11).
Last tag: GM Canada, Model S/N (8-1132-31625),engine S/N (XR260697),Body S/N (Blank), Trim (294),Paint (FC)
Badges, Chevrolet Loadmaster, has 4 speed gearbox, single speed diff w/dual wheels, 20 inch split two piece rims, RHD, has vents on both sides, two piece windscreen, 1/4 vent windows in doors, fuel tank on LHS behing cab off the chassis. Engins looks like a 216, it is a straight six, with single barrell carb.Two packs of rear progressive leaf springs.Chassis is flat at the rear, and slight kink on the front section, looks to be about 8 mm thick.
Thanks in advance,
Cheers,
Sel