Yep- - - -poking the bear is no fun if you can't get him to growl occasionally!

When I was teaching at the vocational trade school level for the state of Tennessee, the assistant director came to my shop to ask for advice on how to get his truck started so he could bring it to my shop for some repair work without paying for a 25-mile towing charge. "It won't start- - - -I turn the key and nothing happens". I explained that sometimes the starter armature gets into a "dead spot", or the brushes get worn and fail to conduct. I suggested that he should tap the starter motor with a hammer while someone else holds the key in the "start" position. Two days later the truck came in on a wrecker. He said "That hammer trick didn't work"- - - - - -as he pointed to the windshield wiper motor with a bunch of big dents pounded into it!

The problem was a dirty battery cable connection! That guy ended up as the director of the school a few years later, after I had moved on to a better teaching job!
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!