I am hoping someone with much more experience than me can help. I am pretty sure that I have pinned down my leak to 2 sources, but before I remove the transmission, I want to have the replacement parts in hand. On the attached schematic, item 23 identifies the seal that looks suspiciously like one of my culprits. I suspect there is an identical seal for R-1 but the problem is that I cannot find replacement seals anywhere, not even a reference on to how to replace them. If I have to, I can use some plumbers packing rope and hope for the best, but that has not worked out very well the couple of times I've done it on other vehicles. Any advice where to look-is there something else I should be searching for other than shifter lever shaft seal?

By the way, the second culprit looks like a gasket leak under the shaft cover on the front of the tranny. That gasket is a standard part of a gasket kit so no problem there, but any advice on the process would be appreciated.

Thanks for the input.
Attachments
Transmission.jpg (76.06 KB, 110 downloads)