| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (Otto Skorzeny, Donf, cmayna, Joe H, Wally / Montana, Gdads51, Forty9, 1 invisible),
92
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,118 Posts1,056,307 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 17 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 17 | I originally bought a Hobart flux core welder it did nothing but blow holes thru. When I called Hobart they suggested holding the tip about 1/2 inch away, I don't have that kind of control. I sold that and went out and bought a Miller 140 with auto-set. They don't make that model anymore but I'm happy with it... It wasn't until I read a bunch and watched a lot of videos that I realized that you don't want to do long beads on butted sheet metal. If you are lucky enough to run a bead it will warp the metal. For my purposes doing many many tack welds jumping around from one point to another has kept the metal from too much warping. or at the link above calls it "Welding sheet metal with a Mig involves what I refer to as "dot" welding. One zap at a time." You end up having to do a lot of grinding... I generally use my 4 inch angle grinder and do touch-ups with my Dremel grinding wheel. I don't know why they only sell 2 Dremel grinding wheels at a time. | | |
| |
| |