Thank you all for your positive feedback, and yes I am happy that I didn't get in to this by making mods and upgrades that couldn't be undone. I never thought I'd feel the way I feel about the truck now, but I have zero desire to upgrade/mod it. I actually regret throwing out the few parts I did replace, like the radiator. I want to try and fix everything I can rather than replace. Anyway I just posted about rebuilding the trans in the driveline forum. Thanks Again. Also if any of you have a 55-57 inline 6cyl, I'd love a picture of your accelerator/throttle linkage. My linkage rod from the pedal through the fire wall is dead straight. It rubs something fierce on the firewall and sometimes binds. I've seen shop drawings of it that make it look like there is supposed to be a bend (upward curve) in the fatter part of the rod closer to the pedal. Can anyone confirm this. I've searched for accelerator linkages used and new and have only found V8 ones. I can't even find a good pic of a 6cyl linkages anywhere including here. Also if you know about the GM 3speed manual trans please see my post in the driveline forum. Thanks