I'm working on a 1940 Chevy KD (3/4 ton long bed) pick-up. I picked up a pretty decent RH running board off a '41 to "46 truck to replace my battered and butchered '40 piece. The parts look just the same, but! So far it's setting in place to do a rough check, and the later part is definitely longer by at least an inch, at the front. The good news is that the front fender looks like it will bolt-up OK to the later 'board, but the outside lip of the running board extends forward into the wheel-well that 1" (+/-). The tip could be reshaped to to fit, but my thought was cutting the tip off my old beat-up running board and trimming the later board to weld the piece on would be less work, and should look original. Please note, this is still just a mock-up so things could change during final fit-up. I believe the running board length difference would be the same on a short-bed, but I don't have a later short-bed running board to check. Hope this information will be of use. Doug.
Last edited by DougMac; 08/04/20216:28 PM. Reason: left out make of truck