| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (John Dlugos, Buckeye998, Gray_Ghost, Gdads51, dt235sd, rfs56trk, BCBill, Otto Skorzeny, Dusty53),
236
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,172 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2015 Posts: 406 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2015 Posts: 406 | I have a Camaro V8 T5 NWC with a .73 O/D installed in my 62 Chev one ton with a 4.57 rear end and 30 in. tires . I finally got around to finding a speedo cable long enough to reach the speedo out put . My question is which drive gear on the main shaft would make the most sense to install as a starting point , as the the driven gear can be changed a lot easier to get my factory speedo to as close to accurate speeds as possible . I have both red and blue drive gears as well as matching driven gears . I had to pull the trans. to address a noisy through out bearing and am taking this opportunity to install this missing gear . This is something I'd prefer not to do on a regular basis .
John
Last edited by panel fan; 07/16/2021 12:26 PM.
good planning is no substitute for dumb luck
| | |
| |
| |