I have a Dana 70HD under my 1952 1 ton pickup. it is from an 88 P30 truck. It has 10 lug on 7.25" with a 5.25" hole in the center. I believe if you wanted to use the original wheels from 1.5 or 2 ton you would have to bore out the centers either 0.375" or 0.75" I forget.

So it looks like the same thing on the ends as the original trucks, but it does have 13.5" disc brakes and the option of gears as fast as 3.54 to 1.

I know it is under a 1 ton now, but I set it up with 2.5" springs as if it were under a 1.5 or 2 ton. I am currently looking for one of those with good sheet metal and I will switch my running gear over and then probably go with dual wheels and not my singles.

I am also running the same disc brakes up front and a new hydrobooster for the brakes and power steering too. Still a 235 6 for now, in the future I am going with a 4 cylinder diesel.

It is a very dependable truck, I drove it around the country last summer, about 8,000 miles, with only a broken fan and bad generator bearing to slow me down.

If I can figure out how to add a picture I will, any ideas?


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-