I have a Weber 32/36 on my '61 pickup's 235. It's only been run less than 400 miles. I've been having problems with high idle speed that I can't adjust away, and it stumbles when accelerating at low- to mid-throttle.

While investigating the problem, I noticed that in the primary, fuel is dribbling from the area of the venturi onto the throttle valve.

An internet search points toward either a float set too high, needle valve not seating properly, or incoming fuel pressure too high. When I took the top off the carb, the fuel level did not seem excessive. I adjusted the float downward slightly, and checked the needle valve for operation. I also installed a fuel pressure regulator, and progressively dialed it down as low as 1.5psi, without any changes.

The "Stovebolt Site Search" box at the left of the screen searches the whole internet, not just the site...so I tried browsing message threads to see if anyone's had the same problem.

Anyone have suggestions?

-Kevin

Last edited by Shakey61; 04/19/2021 11:04 PM.

This is what happens when you live with a house-full of women, the wife and daughters name all the cars:
1960 Impala - "Frankie" (Frank Sinatra)
1961 Apache - " 'Mater Jr." (wrecker)
1965 Corvair Monza Convertible
1967 C20 "Ol' Blue" (hidden in a log cabin for 30 years)
1972 SuperBeetle Convertible - "Juliet"
1976 SuperBeetle Convertible - "Olaf"
1988 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce - "Romeo"