Originally Posted by cmayna
Meanwhile......... here's a pic of the above clip in position

My first post, so I hope it is ok to add onto this older thread.

Thanks cmayna - I've been searching everywhere for 2 days trying to find a good solution for this elusive throttle cable attachment.
The most common solution I found is to just put the cable end through the hole and attach the cable stop - basically letting the cable be the cotter pin.
I guess that works fine - though it seems it could lead to binding, wear, and breaking of the cable end.
The throttle cable end was broken when I bought my 1950 GMC 1/2 ton 20 yr ago. . . . so I guess they do break (though so is almost everything else).
After a long period of neglect (stuff happens), I'm back to working on this old truck.
Sure has been enjoyable.

The biggest improvement in my ability to maintain this truck since 20 yr ago - is this forum - what a great resource for sharing ideas.
These posts convinced me to join up.

The clip looks like a great solution - where did you get yours from?

Jim