I’ll keep that in mind next time I start a new one

As far as the hole in the drum, I think it will be fine as is but I’m not 100% certain. If anything, I’ll just replace it. I did break a front drum on my ‘64 once and lost all brake fluid instantly. Luckily, my emergency brake worked good at that time. I was a teen and me and some buddies were slowly rolling up to a red light. I thought it would be funny to slam on the brakes and scare my friends. I slammed on the brakes and my drum popped. I’m sure it had been turned too many times and was way too thin.



Old Blue is my ‘64 that my great grandad bought brand new here in my hometown. It has a 250 L6 and a 3 on the tree. My oldest son and our loyal companion is standing with it.

Biskit is my ‘66 a good friend gave to me a few years ago. He is semi retired and realized he was never going to do anything with it and really didn’t have room to store it. It has a nice rebuilt 350 with a granny 4 speed and 373 posi. My youngest son standing with it learned to drive a standard in that truck.

Sticker is my 85 K15 that I am working on now. It has 50 something thousand original miles. It’s a 305 and 700R4 truck. I named it Sticker because it sat in a field for many years before I got it and rats had made the whole engine bay their home using mostly prickly pear cactus. Even though I cleaned it the best I could, I still seem to get a sticker in me every time I work on it.
Attachments

Last edited by Waylon; 03/23/2021 3:53 PM.