What kind of racing are you doing, and do you have a specific RPM range where you need to develop maximum torque? Most fancy exhaust systems on street-driven vehicles are simply eye candy to impress the mouth-breathers at car shows, with no measurable power advantage that justifies the effort or expense involved.
Jerry
Jerry you never fail to make me laugh. "mouth breathers" haha!
No racing. In the research I had done folks had said it cuts down on the noise level at the lower RPMs. I couldn't care less, but if I have any hope of getting the wife in the truck one of these obnoxious things you can hear from 3 blocks away isn't going to do it. Not really my style anyway. So at the end of the day it's less to do with power and more to do with sound levels. However, I am fully open to not using an x-pipe at all, as it would make my life infinitely easier.