I wunder what the restorer put on my 1/2 ton shortbed (that was a few owners ago)???
I have been looking at my springs, (also see my GeneralSpring KC post), I knew the shackle was pivoted full forward and touching the frame which told me to start researching.
Went under my rig to compare existing springs to OEM/heritage spec's... Looks like fronts are off something else: eye x eye straightline measure is 38" which is 2" longer than 36" spec, and they are 8 leaf instead of 7 leaf, there is 1 clinch on front half & 2 on rear half, spec shows 2 and 2. Rear does have the Berlin eye + half wrap though. Truck is not riding high....go figure that...
By the way: not complaining, just curious what i have....most of the truck was done pretty dang well, most things i work on are to a very very high level ... guess re-arch is a no go, new springs up front are in my future!