Originally Posted by fonz8261
There are some good ideas coming through--thanks.

If painting the plastic lens is involved and the backside of it has to be painted, I can not separate the front of the reflector from the red housing on the backside. Can the front of the reflector be painted and NOT distort the reflective qualities?

All of the vintage Detroit Products 123 Signal Arms that I have seen pictures of have yellow reflectors. Pictured is the 1 of 8 original reflectors with the best amber/yellow color. If it originally was red, then it has faded to amber/yellow. I do not really know. I just want to get this right and use the correct color reflector.

Something else to chew on. I think a reflector has certain characteristics in how its made ( transparent tinted plastic) and with the "Egg Crate" shape look it has and of course it also being lighted. If using paint to bring back the original color I think a "Transparent paint" would be better than a solid color. Remember solid is just that "solid" and a transparent color is just that "Transparent". As with the red'esh looking reflector said above (I also see red'esh) you could go to the Highway Patrol Office of your State and ask them for help on what color reflectors were used for the year of your Truck and where that color was used front or back. Remember Highway Patrol or the Highway Safety Dept makes the rules we have for operating vehicles on our roads.

Last edited by MJ Gor'don51; 01/28/2021 11:22 PM.

Ask a question if you need a answer!
Resting up on Mon-Fri from Sat and Sun.