Hello all, really excited to be reading about all the projects here and the kind of knowledge that's being passed around. Just new to the forum, when I was about 14 I fell in love with a rusty old 1949 truck and brought it home - my dad was good enough to give me some room in the farm shop and I spent some time working on it by myself thinking I was doing good things. It got a little pushed away with the excitement of senior high school years, then life happened and it fell off the priority list for a long while. So now my 8 year old son and I are tackling it again back in the same shop 25 years later. Man, if I had bought this truck I be kicking the idiot that had done the work on it last... but alas it was me, so we're working on ironing out some of my poor work from the past. The first thing we're doing is the engine, the 25 year break didn't do it any favors and we've decided to tear it down. It's not the original engine for the truck and we've been hitting walls trying to figure out exactly what we have beyond that it's a 235. Looking forward to sharing know how and experiences, thank-you.