| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (BCBill, Lightholder's Dad, joe apple, Hawkman, greenie-reddy, TUTS 59, Gdads51, 1 invisible),
198
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,175 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 1970 Posts: 365 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 1970 Posts: 365 | I used a ford 9" from a 78 Lincoln Mark V. It fit perfectly with no width modifications in my '51 Chevy half ton.
I am not satisfied with the emergency brake mechanism on the stock ford calipers. In order for the brakes to keep adjustment so the parking brake will work, the brake caliper pistons have to rotate. I disassembled, cleaned, and reassembled the calipers with new rubber components. The pistons did not want to rotate freely. Now that I have run my truck for over a year, I might see if I can get the pistons to rotate now. Another alternative might be to purchase rebuilt calipers. | | |
| |
| |