| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (CuzzFuzz),
228
guests, and
6
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,181 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2000 Posts: 2,193 Insomniac | | Insomniac Joined: Jul 2000 Posts: 2,193 | I guess it depends who you talk to. I measured 64.25" from u-joint to u-joint. When I talked to the guy at the local shop that makes up custom driveshafts, he recommended that I use a two piece driveshaft. I followed his recommendation.
My Dad's 63 Chevy long box step side had a two piece driveshaft. I remember the steady bearing failing on the Alaska highway. What a PITA!
My 1980 3/4 ton long box had a two piece driveshaft. No issues with the steady bearing.
My 2010 1/2 ton long box has a one piece driveshaft. It looks like a big aluminum sewer pipe!
Gord 🇨🇦 ---- 1954 1/2 ton 235 4 speed | | |
| |
| |