One minor setback was finding somebody to grind crankshafts "my way". Along the way, I have acquired not one, but two Storm-Vulcan crank grinders, and modified the wiring of my shop to provide the 3-phase power to run one of them. The other one was bought as a :"parts machine" that appears that it might have less wear and tear on it than the "complete" one I bought from a builder of NASCAR billet cranks for four times the price of the first one! Of course, with the power upgrade, I'll also be able to finally put three other pieces of equipment to use that also need 3 phase!
There are also three of four other engines in progress, all of which require non-standard crankshafts. I figure by the time I would have paid for multiple custom-dimension cranks, the grinding machine will pay for itself. There's a 300-something cubic inch "261" in the works, a 258 cubic inch "235", and a super-short stroke "305" V8 that should run 8K RPM or more and stay together. That one's also getting a roller cam and a rev kit.
Jerry