Good evening!
Been away for forever, getting back into the truck stuff.
So I'd welcome the input of others here. I'm (15 years later) working on my 53 1/2 ton. I'm looking at the frame, since most everything else has been taken off. Wondering what opinions and reasons you would share as to how to finish the frame. Regular paint doesn't seem to hold up well in Minnesota (even when you don't run it in the winter), but what other options would you suggest?
I have a second frame that I had powder coated, but it had the front cab mounts and some other brackets removed. I've looked at the rivets vs. bolts debate, and I'm ready to say the heck with it and use my original frame and start over.
Would blasting and powder coating, POR-15, or something else be your recommendation, and why.
Thanks so much to those who are willing to chime in. I'm not building a show stopper, but want it to last whichever way I go.
Thanks!!
Jake
Last edited by Jake53; 12/09/2020 12:32 AM.