| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,114 Posts1,056,287 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2019 Posts: 119 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2019 Posts: 119 | I agree that it appears that the parking brake rod is not properly attached at the "front" end. I also move the eccentric to its minimum position when I have had everything apart. If necessary I adjust it later.
I also agree that the shoes need to be properly adjusted before you apply the brakes. Otherwise the piston travels too far and the adjusting cap comes off like you show.
Remember to disconnect the parking brake cables before you adjust the shoes at the caps on the ends of the cylinder.
Rusty
| | |
| |
| |