I have a 12V Pertonix ignitor that has been in use for years now with no trouble. I purchased it for a GMC 228 12V conversion. I don't want to get into a discussion about the merit of these - but rather, I would like to purchase one of their Flame Thrower 40,000 volt coils. The old NAPA one I have is leaking oil so its time.

I see that there are a number of 12V Flame Thrower coils but I am stumped about the Ohm variations . They range from .6 to the 3.5 ohms and not being an electronic wizard - I quickly became stumped on which one would best work for my application. Finding information about this online has been challenging.

Can someone help me decide which coil would best fit?

Thank you. tom

Last edited by tom moore; 11/10/2020 5:10 PM.

1946 GMC Project
"Back-in-the-day Restore"
Read the story in the DITY Gallery