Jerry,
I disagree, you may be thinking about the Warner T-10 4 speed. There are three gear ratio options available for the Muncie (4 bolt side cover) case. The standard (55 up- many cars and trucks) has a 2.94 first gear and a 1.68 second. The intermediate -sometimes called HD, (348 engines, Pontiac, 62 up Corvette) has a 2.47 first gear and a 1.53 second. The Corvette close ratio (56-61 Corvette/57 car w/performance engine) has a 2.20 first and a 1.68 second.
I currently have a 57 Corvette transmission with the correct gears and rear housing with the threaded bosses for the shifter and rear mount.
I also build the SM319 overdrive transmissions with the intermediate gear sets for trucks using the 4.57 rear gears. The OD does not come with this gear set but makes for a better driver.
I wouldn't recommend the close ratio gear set unless you have a fairly deep set of rear gears or you will be replacing clutches frequently.
Fred


1956 3100 Pickup/Red/350/3sp OD/PS/Disc Brakes
1957 Bel Air Sport Coupe/Red/355/TH350/PS/Disc Brakes
2017 Silverado LT Single Cab SB/Black/5.3/6 Speed Trans
1947 Willys CJ2A w/F-Head engine