Thanks Guys

Layback... I have no idea how much coolant would be in there, I assume its all drained now as the engine was turned upside down and lots of dirty water came out. I will try and get that plug out and clean the passages the best I can, I will let you know how it goes. I tried heating the plug but ran out of acetylene after a couple minutes..... always the way, might be time to switch to propane as i can get it at the gas station anytime.

Tiny, I think your right, I noticed a couple more of those casting marks last night when I was cleaning the block.

Dads50, yes that plug is pretty soft, the corner came off after trying 24" pipe wrench and 230 lbs of lean lol.... hoping a bit more heat will get it out.


1955 3600 father and son project