Howdy, I am near where you live. You don't have a "solenoid". You have a foot switch. Your foot switch needs replaced with what is called the "side terminal" type. Maybe that is what you are calling "solenoid". Do you see a big white ceramic resistor on firewall? As far as starter, you may be jumping the gun on needing a new one. You may want to tell us what is wrong with truck or how you know it's the starter. If you do need a starter, get the same as you have. It may have a tag on it that you can't see, which will help. If it is 6V, it is OK to replace with a 6V. Russ,I think we were communicating by email back in May? About Ebrake and carbs and ballast resistors? Maybe from an ad I had on craigslist.


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn