OK, I have been working hard on welding floors and all 4 corners in the cab, but still have a ways to go. But I have been looking at the frame and have 2 questions.

The PO set this frame up for chevy small block with mustang II IFS. Rear was also set up for a modern rear end. He also boxed some sections of the frame to stiffen it up.

He used heavy gauge steel with a stick welder, he did an OK job, but I plan to go back over them with my Mig and clean them up and probably add more strength as I want to tow a vintage RV trailer.

1st question: What is going on with the center support (under rear of cab)? PO welded a really thick piece of steel underneath the support. to me it is unsightly. Not sure what rust is up in there. I would like to remove the steel and get a better solution. Do they repro this part? The top of it looks pretty good, but PO PORed it pretty thick.

2nd question: PO torched off the transmission mount. I will be using a Tremec 5 speed, so a new trans mount will be happening anyways. I had planned to cut the rivets and take those remains off the frame. Any issue with that plan? it does not look like those ends are doing any good anymore.

Thanks, Kevin
Attachments
IMG_0647.jpg (147.85 KB, 150 downloads)
IMG_0648.jpg (156.98 KB, 151 downloads)
IMG_0644.jpg (319.74 KB, 134 downloads)

Last edited by KevinW; 10/12/2020 9:33 PM.

1951 Chevy 3100
"Project for my Wife" - Jigsaw Puzzle
1969 Camaro SS350 convertible
1969 Camaro 327 convertible