I have some updates. Pulled. My 327, and the 6.5 out of. My donor. Also pulled my sm420 and. Am in the middle of a rebuild. I found a NOS countershaft for that, but could use a first/reverse gear if Anyone has one to spare.
Two issues came up so far.
1. The adapter plate to the much larger bellhousing had to be trimmed on the right side to clear the exhaust manifold.
2 the bellhousing itself, and more specifically the slave cylinder for the clutch won't quite clear the manifold.
3. Have to use the SBC starter as the teeth on the flywheel are different than the previous ring gear.
So that being said I can't 'notch' the bellhousing, as. That is where I need to bolt the SBC starter onto.
Possible. Solution is an aftermarket SBC turbo kit, or run it NA for a while. I'll have to see if I can find another option, I heard the van manifolds were different.
I'll post pics. Tomorrow