Good morning!

I've been cruising and searching through this forum for a while now, getting a lot of great information for my coming build. I recently purchased a 1951 Chevy truck which was advertised as a 3/4 ton, but has a VIN with the "JP" 1/2 ton code. The truck was apparently in the throes of a rebuild 20 years ago as most everything is in primer. The truck is pretty solid overall. A previous owner installed a 250 inline six with a TH350 trans. He retained the original column shifter which operates the transmission via a funky link setup. There was no room ahead of the motor for a fan, so an electric one was installed ahead of the radiator. The rear end is a 14-bolt GM with 3.21 gear. I'm planning to keep the 250 until something nicer comes along, and mate that to a Muncie 4-speed. The rear axle is way too wide for my taste so that's got to get swapped out. Since I have no plans to haul heavy loads, I'm thinking of converting the truck to 1/2 ton 5-bolt hubs front and rear to increase my options.

I'm looking forward to getting into this project and getting plenty of great input from the members of this forum.

Be well everyone!

Brian
Attachments
1951c.jpg (171.2 KB, 47 downloads)


Brian

'51 Chevy 3604 Project
'28 Chevy LO basket case
'83 GMC Sierra 4x4