Jerry, if it was the crash I’m thinking of, I was in the tower that night. You could tell something was wrong with the sound of the engines. The pilot tried to pull up but it settled down and broke apart in the ditch at the end of the runway. Immediately caught on fire. The crew that could get out were running on fire. The tail gunner was the last one out. By that time the 500 pounders were going off forcing the fire trucks to back off. They would pull back forward til the next one went off. I don’t remember which one in rotation that plane was that night but the one right behind him was already rolling when it happened. The mission was aborted and the rest returned to their side of the base. Wreckage burned for several hours. We were closed down for a couple of days for cleanup. Sad deal.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)