Originally Posted by Geo55
What I did was buy two original grilles from a swap meet. Both had damaged bars but in different spots. I shaved the rivets holding the bars from behind and mix and matched a very straight and original grille.
I did the same. Found one on craiglist when I was down in SoCal visiting my mom and brought it back home as baggage (for free nanner). The original and the one I bought had enough good pieces to make a complete good grille. It's not chromed though. My truck is a work truck that had a painted grille.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.