Today, I thought I would button up aGMC 270. Installing .060 rings into pistons, and broke the bottom ring on a piston.

Oops!

So, I am not an expert at sizing rings, and I don’t want to buy a complete piston ring set for one broken ring.

Need your ideas? A standard 270 is 3.78125” diameter.

Is my math correct? .060 + 3.78125 =. 3.84125. Is there an engine with that bore size?

Would there be a source that sells a piston ring set for one piston or am I doomed for failure for the rest of my life, asking for forgiveness in the darkest of bars where men talk about these things and never let these things go, destined to lay out big bucks for one piston ring?

Thought? Assistance, advice?

Tom

Last edited by tom moore; 09/07/2020 6:58 AM.

1946 GMC Project
"Back-in-the-day Restore"
Read the story in the DITY Gallery