Okay. Now for a little work on "Old Yeller."

I do some basic cleaning and marvel at the original floor mat condition. The seat is used but wonderfully preserved and not torn. The seat belts were tucked away and like new once I cleaned them up.

I decide the old retired truck need some well deserved and hard-earned dressing up that would make the original look just a bit fancy.

I put on a set of thin chrome wheel trim rings after I spend a day cleaning and polishing up the original chrome hub caps. You can't get these anymore. They went from dingy to somewhat outstanding after a couple hours of elbow grease, blue magic and Brasso. I had the tire shop put the white letters in and went with the old school worker truck look. smile

I replace the cracked egg-crate style plastic grille with a brand new chromed plastic that looks terrific, in my opinion (non original I know) with the factory chrome front bumper.

I retire the old, crooked, beat up dealer-installed rear step bumper with a new high quality correct factory style chrome one and license plate bracket and light. The original FACTORY harness had the plug-in still for the new light after the dealer provided short harness for the work bumper was removed. NO TAPE - NO CUT WIRES - NO SPLICE - original. I am amazed.

New factory-style side view mirrors finish up the outside for now and Old Yeller is stylin'. So off we go enjoying a few local rural road, vent wing open, window down arm on the door and it's the 70's.

So them we need gas. Fill her up. Oh boy.

More to come.
Attachments
0730201059_HDR (1024x768).jpg (58.56 KB, 279 downloads)
0730201058d_HDR (768x1024).jpg (66.74 KB, 284 downloads)
0804201159a_HDR (1024x768).jpg (77.51 KB, 278 downloads)
0829201206b_HDR (1024x768).jpg (147.83 KB, 277 downloads)
0829201200_HDR (1024x768).jpg (117.22 KB, 275 downloads)
0829201206_HDR (1024x768).jpg (156.95 KB, 270 downloads)
profile

Last edited by Peggy M; 06/25/2023 9:52 PM.

~ Rasman
1971 Chevy C10
"Old Yeller"
Saga: "'Old Yeller' ... More than a Pristine 1971 Chevy"
1959 Chevy 1/2-Ton
In the Legacy Gallery