I started mocking up my Ryan Falconer head for my 292. This is one head off his V12. The bore spacing is the same and additional head studs will need to be installed. Also a remote thermostat housing. I decided to have my main caps doweled thus removing the 800 hp barrier. I'm also stepping up to a 6-71 blower from my 4-71 and 2 650 dp carbs. My biggest concern is the push rod angle. I don't know how much that can be. The push rods are on the outside of the engine but they do clear the block. Leo Santucci has been helping me with this. He's a great guy and always to seems to have time for my craziness. He doesn't seem to think it's that big of a problem. I have seen BBC's with a lot of angle. If it works then I would build a frame and use the original cover design and probably pull a dry sump line out of it.
Attachments
head mockup 3.jpg (284.84 KB, 145 downloads)
head mockup 2.jpg (303.8 KB, 149 downloads)
head mockup 4.jpg (247.25 KB, 148 downloads)
head mockup 1.jpg (379.33 KB, 150 downloads)
head mockup 5.jpg (348.68 KB, 137 downloads)


Old enough to know better, too young to resist.