Greetings,
Wish I had gotten onto this site years ago!
I have a small collection of project Pickups and Stovebolts 41-53. I am finally getting around to doing some ID work. Articles on VIN by Barry Weeks (LInk?) and Series/Model by John Milliman (link?) have been VERY helpful. Thanks guys for the time and effort!
I am however, somewhat confused:
My '48 5 window 6RWF 2612 is supposed to be a 2 Ton, but has a Loadmaster 4400 (1.5T) badging on it.
My '53 W530010632 is Supposed to be a 6400 2T COE but is a conventional 2T.
Also is there any way to identify: an early 50's pickup bed - Scripted GMC
Custom Trim or Accessory packages that may have come with a particular model during these periods? I know on later years, GM just put additional letters and numbers in their VINs.
Any help in these area would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again,
Cliff