Good morning from already hot Central Florida. I have been looking at for two years and not really paying attention to a big ol 46 2 ton. My friend went over yesterday and got the radiator out of it (5 core), to use in the 34 p/u with 440 Super Wedge NASCAR engine. My question is, it has a 2 speed rear end, a motor that looks kinda like a 235, governor on carb and a strange looking rectangular coil. 4 speed granny and military green paint in places that aren't painted brown. I cannot talk to the guy that owns it because 17 years ago I had a serious discussion about him trying to date my daughter (persistently), he was bigger than me but, the bigger they are the harder they fall. Almost was arrested because under Florida law one is not supposed to keep kicking someone in the head everytime they move. Only because the Sheriff is my cousin and I was a DOD Marshall. Etc. Forgive the side story but it does involve a BIG Stovebolt. I will try to get pictures if the Guy that run's the salvage yard is out back, two friends are going to keep him busy. Don't feel like getting into a fight, can't fight that well anymore. What should I do regarding what to look at. If the old boy is prior military shouldn't the engine have a G.I. tag? Doc.
Last edited by Doc.Hall; 07/25/2020 12:08 PM. Reason: misspelling