Just my 2 cents, but I believe these springs are never going to work as smoothly as they ought to again. There are a few different spring companies in Houston...Draco, C & J and you might also check with Pruitt. I'm certain you'll find somebody who can make a new set for you. One word about springs and buying from somewhere far away: These are heavy, they're oversize and usually they require special packing/boxing. I think you'll pay about $30~$40 in shipping for each spring. That's why I'm suggesting a drive into Houston. Good luck.
PS...also (very important postscript) get new U bolts made and new nuts for them. Please forget using the old ones. These as you already know are not really U bolts but U bolts with flat tops. If you can't find anyone down your way, send your old ones to Truett Worrall Company up here and they'll make new ones for you.
https://www.twsprings.com/Thanks Jon for the tip! I was leaning towards replacement, based on everyone here’s input, and that’s a good point. I’m not sure that they would be the same even after I cleaned them up. I’ll for sure check out shops around town here, for both the springs and the U bolts.