Copper gaskets for the plugs are provided in repair kits.
It is quite difficult to get these gaskets perfectly centered to avoid leaks.
The gentleman who was the chief instructor for Carter's Carburetor School taught me NOT to use the copper washers, rather to very carefully place a half drop of BLUE Loctite on the plug threads. Once complete, allow the carb to sit for 24 hours to allow the Loctite to dry. CAVIAT: Blue, blue, blue, blue NEVER red! Blue can later be removed, red is virtually permanent.
We still add the copper washers to the rebuilding kits, as there are some old-timers (some even older than me

) that insist on doing things as original. I can remember a conversation some 50 years ago at Hershey between two long-bearded individuals. One told the other: "as far as I am concerned, when the air in the tires is replaced, the vehicle is no longer original"!
I personally have not used the copper washers in over 40 years, rather using the tip from my friend (gone now, and missed) from Carter.
Jon.