I think a standard flush should get everything out of the lines. If the DOT 5 is lighter than water (and presumably lighter than the glycol based stuff, I'd assume that the DOT 5 would rise to the top of the cylinders and be flushed out of the bleed port. If that were the case, you'd see DOT 5, then any water that might have accumulated (not likely for a recently filled system), then the glycol based fluid. But never having done that, I'm not sure.

That also assumes that the cylinders don't need rebuilding. With no real way to tell if the seals were compatible, I'd rebuild everything to be on the safe side. Brakes are something you should be able to depend on. "That should work" shouldn't apply to brakes.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.