I have a 3100 1/2 ton truck. It has been given new identity, so I cannot determine what MY it is. As 1949 received a lot of changes, which my truck does nnot have it is either MY1947 or MY1948. Jim Carter web gives information: "A GM mistake on the 1947 Advance Design cab is the lack of a water trough on the top of the cowl. By 1948 GM corrected this problem by adding a side to side trough in the cowl." Chevrolet 1949 Engineering Features book says that water drain bead was added to cowl. These two are contradicting. My truck does not have this bead. My trucks SM420 gearbox has been casted 1948, rear end 1950, insrument housings have been changed, so these will not give answer to my question. Do I have MY1947 or MY1948 truck? Any other ways to tell them apart?
Last edited by FinnBolt; 05/27/2020 5:39 PM.