Yes,i did cut off 1/2" of the nose of the pilot shaft.I don't know if you have to using a v-8.I also cut 1 1/4" off of the collar of the transmission that the throw-out bearing rides.Do a search to make sure,go to inliners site and read up on the t-5 swap.
the pressure plate and throw-out bearing are the original application for my truck.The only thing different is the clutch disc.The clutch disc is #384190 valeo brand.The flywheel is the original 216 flywheel.I believe there is one other flywheel available that will accept a larger clutch and disc.
I don't know about a v-8 setup,do some serches here and in the driveline shop.I'm sure someone here can help you.
1951 3100 Chevrolet1951 Chevrolet Suburban CarryallImage"A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams."
"Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything"
"If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"