I have a question to the group. I have a 1950 Stovebolt with a 235 4 speed that was installed by PO. I have to replace the front bearing retainer because it is broken. Because the retainer is broke the transmission leaks a major amount of 90w oil. It looks like the PO welded the U-joint on the front torque tube in place. I really don’t want to pull the engine to replace the retainer but does anyone have any ideas. I thought I would drop the torque tube - and pull the transmission back enough to replace the retainer. Now I don’t know what to do... please help...
Attachments
8D38D536-74F4-41B8-8781-8BF328F7F5D2.jpeg (12.48 KB, 197 downloads)
Help removing the torque tube.


“When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his wagon.” Abe Lincoln.
1950 Chevy Truck 3100
1958 MGA 1500
2014 Audi Q5