Thanks for all the great advice, and i will be sure to refer to the links.

I plan on running from a jerry can full of clean non-ethanol gas on start up until i have a chance to look inside the tank, for now it has been flushed a bit with clean fuel.

In the pictures below, the numbers on the parts are as follows:

1- Dizzy - 1112396 4G26
2- Engine serial# - XC 647197
3- Engine Casting (just ahead of the fuel pump) GM 5843350

I hope I haven't broken the cardinal rule of "Know what your working on!". I assumed that this was a 235 due to the side cover, and year of the truck, but have not been able to 100% confirm as its a Canadian truck, and I haven't been able to find much info on it.

Thanks again for your help.
Jeremy
Attachments
IMG_2003.JPG (174.39 KB, 76 downloads)
IMG_2005.JPG (195.23 KB, 76 downloads)
IMG_2004.JPG (126.59 KB, 75 downloads)


1955 3600 father and son project