I am running a 55 270 CI in my 50 GMC 100. Motor is rebuilt, bored, shaved head, howard 240 cam, aluminum intake w/manafold heat, holly 390 cfm w/vacume secondaries, cast iron fenton headers, smithy mufflers, and a s-10 style HEI.

I converted the column shift to the old truck 4 speed floor style, kept the enclosed drivshaft, and updated the rear with patricks 3:55s.

The tranny is probably the biggest set back in the system. Maybe a T-5 down the road will help.

I usually shift around 3,000 and often up to 3,500 RPM. It was recomemended that I set 5000 as my red line. The other night I got to 6000 RPM in a hurry. Don't notice any problems, yet.

I get beleiveable performance up to 3,000 RPM. Once I pass that, the truck just keeps taking the throttle and doesn't slow down fo nothin'!

Just wondering what you guys are experiencing with similar set ups?

Grant in Albuquerque