Hi All,

I am hoping someone may be able to help me continue the process of sorting out my dilemma. I had previously posted a thread "1946 Cylinder-Piston Help in which this group helped me determine my 216 was in need of some extensive work. I learned that a friend of mine had acquired a late model 235 for me as a replacement. This comes with it's own challenges as pointed out by a few of you, particularly Jerry Hotrod Lincoln.

The reason for this post is there is something odd about the way the master cyl and pedal assembly is mounted (or not mounted) to the housing. Please have a look at the attached picture. As you can see the mounting holes are misaligned by a great deal. So much so that the previous owner had to modify the plate to get the pedals to go through. Does anybody have an idea of what might be going on here. I'd like to get this sorted before I confuse things more when I start talking about the engine swap. The current engine is a 216, # AAFII52343. The transmission is a 4-speed with the reverse button on the shifter. Jerry (Hotrod Lincoln) called it a Crash Box. It would be nice to know if any of the parts currently installed are incorrect before I start trying to shoehorn a different motor into the mix. :-)

Thanks!

Patrick
Attachments
Pedal Assy Bell Housing.jpg (265.85 KB, 198 downloads)

Last edited by Patrick M; 03/27/2020 1:21 PM.