Back in 2001 I had to do something with the rotted out bed wood. I was too lazy to go thru the exercise of installing correct planks with the metal bed runners between each piece of wood. Thought "Hey! what about a piece of plywood?" Oops, most commonly found plywood is/was 48" wide. The bed is 50". Argh!!

Then I heard about a local lumber yard that sold Ping Pong table wood which is 60" wide x 108" long x 3/4" thick. Yeah Baby!! Grabbed a chunk, brought it home and cut it to size. Pretty easy to install.

Still wanted the metal runners so I simply drilled the hole through the plywood and whoola!

Yes, the wood needs a sealer really bad and maybe this coming summer, I'll do that. Not bad for something I did 19 years ago, especially with all the gravel and rock the green turd has hauled for us.

The dark rubber sheeting up against the cab is my bed protector which lays out flat covering the entire bed when I am hauling rock, top soil, gravel, etc.

Just wanted to share....
Attachments
IMG_1370.JPG (276.74 KB, 565 downloads)
IMG_1372.JPG (269.43 KB, 543 downloads)


Craig

My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear
My truck ....... Respect The Rust
If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.